전 세계 100여 개 국가에서 활동하고 있는 세계최대규모 자연보전기관 WWF(세계자연기금) 한국본부에서 자연과 인류가 조화롭게 공존하는 지속 가능한 미래를 만들기 위한 활동에 함께할 Conservation Director를 채용합니다.
Major Funtion / Objectives of the Position
S/he bears responsibility for the
development, implementation and achievement of WWF-Korea’s strategic goals and
priorities in consultation with the WWF-Korea Executive Director and the
board. S/he ensures the alignment of WWF-Korea’s conservation, communication,
marketing and FR activities. S/he supervises managers,
officers and other staff as agreed with the Executive Director.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
1. Ensures effective design and implementation of the WWF-Korea Strategic Plan (FY 2024-2030) in alignment with WWF’s mission, vision and core values, coordinating with WWF-Korea teams and the board, and engaging other relevant WWF Network offices as needed.
2. Works with the WWF-Korea programmatic staff to set overall directions for WWF-Korea’s conservation efforts, in coherence with the WWF-Korea and in alignment with the WWF’s Global and Asia Pacific Conservation Programmes.
3. Ensures effective monitoring, evaluation and adaptive management of the WWF-Korea strategic plan, providing real-time information for programme managers, members and other key stakeholders including the board.
II. Conservation Programme Management
1. Works intensively with conservation leaders across the Network to ensure development and implementation of Global Practices and other high conservation priorities to achieve WWF’s Global Goals, and to secure the resources necessary to implement those initiatives.
2. Implements corporate and government engagement strategy, with support and guidance from the Executive Director, ensuring alignment with WWF’s global corporate and government engagement strategy, and raising resources for WWF-Korea conservation priorities.
3. Manages the WWF Korea Programme staff and is responsible for the application of resources (human and financial) within programme units to efficiently and effectively support major Global Practices relevant to WWF-Korea.
4. Ensures efficient and effective operations, aligned to WWF Network Standards, and meeting the reporting requirements of the WWF Network, the WWF-Korea Board, Korean partners (e.g. National and subnational Government, etc.) and other requirements of Korean Law.
5. Represents WWF in national and international fora, particularly those related to Global Practices or the achievement of WWF’s global conservation priorities.
III. Supporting Partnership and Fundraising
1. Collaborate with WWF-Korea’s fundraising efforts – working closely with the Executive Director and Fundraising Director – including digital/online, face-to-face (F2F), corporate, foundations, and high net worth individuals – to achieve targets agreed with the Board and the WWF Network
2. Builds and maintains relationships with major current and prospective partners, and with potential members – including individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies – developing and closing on major grants.
3. Drives the WWF-Korea team’s proposal development efforts for potential institutional, private and individual major members.
4. Participates and insures expert participation in meetings interviews and event, which support the integrated marketing and/or fundraising campaigns and the corporate partnerships
other tasks as requested and agreed with the Executive Director
Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities
- Fluency in English
- A Master’s or equivalent senior academic qualification in a field related with the conservation of nature, science, international relations and/or management.
- Minimum 15 years of experience including 5 years in executives working of private corporate s as a director with Bachelor’s degree or minimum 12 years of it with Master’s or PhD
- Proven strategic leadership ability
- Proven abilities to build and unite a team of highly motivated and well qualified staff, and to foster the integration of diverse, multi-disciplinary actors into focused initiatives addressing clear targets
- Proven conservation ability
- Experience in implementing programmes focused on the conservation of biodiversity an d nature through sustainable use of resources
- Fluency in other languages that are widely used at an international level
- Superlative diplomatic and communication skills, including an ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of individuals (government representatives, members, public figures, staff), within a broad range of cultural environments, is an absolute necessity
- A strong team player capable of integrating diverse activities within an evolving environment. She/he must be comfortable with change and leading change within an organisational framework.
- Willing to fully support WWF-Korea's Mission and global priorities
- SMT including Executive Director, and Managers on the Programme and Fundraising side; Officers, Interns as appropriate, to ensure integration of all WWF-Korea programmatic and fundraising activities.
- Global staffs of the relevant WWF Global Practices and other offices in the Asia/Pacific region.
- Other conservation bodies (governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental) to address WWF-Korea’s conservation and fundraising goals and develop initiatives to support them.
- Other experts and communities in the field of conversation.
- A letter of motivation in English,
- A curriculum vitae in Korean,
- '개인정보 수집 및 이용 수칙 동의서' (Agreement on the Collection and Usage of Personal Information) - 첨부파일 참조
- 1st interview including PT
- Reference check
- 2nd interview with the BOD member
- 3rd interview with an executive in global
- 다음글Sustainable Finance Programme Officer (채용시 마감) 23.05.25